Friday, June 13, 2008

Bias-cut skirt; first attempt



This was my first attempt to make a bias-cut skirt. Interestingly enough, I managed to find the true bias. I altered Simplicity 5173, primarily, because I didn't want to hem the curved edge. The bias-cut wool started stretching, so I was afraid that due to the bulk and curved edge, the hemming would stretch the skirt.

The vest is an altered version of a top.

Pattern: Simplicity 5173, ?
View: [?]
Size:
[?]
Fabric:
[Wool, washed]

Things I learned:

  • It takes a while to find the true bias of the fabric. In order to make absolutely sure, you need to check both sides of the fabric.
  • After this one, I used a solid wool for a different project, and I could not find the bias in that fabric. I guess the plaid was not there to guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment