Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hat and collar-scarf (Simplicity 4848)

[Picture]

The hat turned out very nicely, but it's a bit too warm and a bit too fancy. I still love the color.

Even though the collar-scarf is fun to make and nice to loo at, it's not the most comfortable scarf-alternative to wear.

Pattern: Simplicity 4848
View: C, I, K
Size: one size
Fabric: Fleece, broadcloth for lining, black fleece, rattail

Things I learned:
  • A regular scarf would be better.
  • The brim lies more flat on the side of the hat than in the picture.
  • Making a good pair of gloves is very tedious, especially in very small size. I did it, but they didn't firt me. I gave them away. I ended up buying a black pair of chenille gloves for 2 bucks, and added the fleece flowers to it. Much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment