Friday, June 13, 2008

Long seersucker dress; very comfy (Simplicity 4640)

This dress is based on a summer dress pattern, which I legthened. The skirt part has a nice flow. I lined the bodice with white muslin.

I am making the original, knee-length version in red broadcloth. It looks great, with 2 big black buttons in the front. I lined up all the seams on this dress. I tried to be very precise.

Pattern: Simplicity 4640
View: A

Things I learned:

  • Lengthening the skirt took longer than I anticipated. I triedto make sure that the lengthening line is following the original direction of the pattern lines.
  • While I don't think it matters a lot in this dress that the bodice linig peeks out just a tad here and there, I would like to learn more about the turn of cloth techniques.
  • I omitted the tie, and it still looks great. I don't think the tie is really kneeded in the back.
  • The neckline of this pattern is fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment