Friday, June 13, 2008

Nightgown and warm fleece robe (Simplicity 4794)


Nightgown and fleece robe, both with trumpet sleeves.

Pattern: Simplicity 4794
View: E, A
Size:
XS
Fabric:
Knit, antipill fleece, gathered lace, ribbon, beads

Things I learned:

  • Altering sleeve pattern pieces was somewhat challenging.
  • Next time, I could make the nightgown a little longer.
  • It is more comfortable to wear the night gown without the elastic at the bodice.
  • The sleeves of the nightgown have great lines.
  • Fleece makes great robes; it's so warm. I could use a little thinner fleece next time.
I also made some running shorts for T (size S), out of the PJ pants (view D), with separate elastic casing and 2 rows of elastic. I could have made size XS for him, because this proved to be a bit too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment