Monday, October 22, 2007

You give it a try... (Simplicity 5173)


My friend bought this fabric to make a sarong out of it, but it didn't work out for her. She gave me the sarong and said "See if you can make somethig ot of it."
I absolutely love this fabric with this pattern. I think this is my most flattering summer skirt. This A-line pattern is a beauty. The pattern was originally meant for skorts, but I discovered that it works great (or even better) as an A-line skirt. I made 2 other skirts out of this pattern. It's my absolute favorite. It turns out great every time I use it.

Pattern: Simplicity 5173
View: ?
Size:
10
Fabric:
Cotton print

Things I learned:

  • I left out the shorts part of this pattern
  • I think I drafted a very simple facing.
  • I added a white ribbon that I had in my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment