Monday, October 22, 2007

Let's make a suit... (Simplicity 4638)




Let's make a suit...
...but please, I don't want to hem any of the cruvy edges!

Pattern: Simplicity 4638
View: G, D
Size: 8
Fabric: Synthetic woven
Things I learned:
  • Making that pointy corner work was sew painful. My bad iron sure didn't help either...
  • The two-thread overlock stitch that is on my sewing machine just doesn't finish the edges and seams so nicely. How about double fold bias binding? That works, but a narrower width would be nicer next time.
  • I sure had no idea about how to ease a set-in sleeve at this point.
  • Oh, and also, you do need to clip princess seam curves! Clipping the curves does pay off.
  • The jacket of this pattern looks a bit too boxy on me.
  • The skirt is a bit too long. I could shorten the pattern next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment