Saturday, December 18, 2010

Doggie from Sewing Green by Betz White

I found this doggie adorable in Betz White's book, Sewing Green. I copied out the pattern onto tissue paper, then enlarged it to 133% on a photocopier, as the book suggests.

I used a terrycloth diaper changing pad cover for the body. The cover never fit the changing pad we have, do this was a perfect way to refashion it into something useful.

I bought a fat quarter of solid red and one of the brown patterned material for the ears, tail, nose, and spot.

I embroidered the eyes with black perle cotton. Added a French knot (as described in the book) of white perle cotton for the glistening in the eyes.

I stitched around one eye and the dot in red perle cotton.

Fairly easy project, and the result is sooooo cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment