Sunday, May 3, 2009

Robe (Butterick 5224)




I made this robe or pajama cover-up for my Mom, but I think I could have made it one size smaller. I may take it apart and re-do it in size S. Also, I think the shorter version may be more flattering.

Pattern: Butterick 5224
View: E with the length of D
Size: M (for my Mom)
Fabric: Crushed panne (berry color)

Things I learned:

* I had read in Sandra Betzina's Power Sewing that Simplicity and McCall's patterns tend to "run larger than Butterick and Vogue." This and the fact that even the Simplicity fleece jacket I had made for her was just a tad too big at the waist, should have given me the clue that maybe I should go one size smaller.
* I applied single-fold bias tape to the neckline, all the way down to the ties. This stabilized the neckline so it doesn't stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment